The NC State LTC offers modular courses ranging in length from one week to six months, covering basic, intermediate and advanced levels of language. Each course focuses on functional proficiency and region- or country-specific cultural competence. Courses are designed for mission specificity, whether the objective be oral engagement with local populations, training and cooperative exercises with allied forces, diplomacy, conflict resolution or intelligence analysis. We can assemble coursesfor any language spoken in the world today. To date, we have offered classes including Arabic, Chinese, French, Pashto, Persian-Dari, Persian-Farsi, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tamasheq and Urdu. All courses are taught by expert native instructors with extensive experience in language training for the military.
A Typical Course:
- is aimed at entry-level students with no prior experience in the chosen language.
- lasts six weeks.
- has in-class time of six hours per day, five days per week.
- focuses primarily on oral proficiency.
- includes one-on-one live video tutorials with native speakers on evenings and weekends.
- involves a culex immersion with role players at the conclusion of the course.
While the course outlined above is the type most commonly requested by our partners, the LTC can also tailor a course to suit your specific needs.
Examples of some custom courses:
- Focus on a specific dialect, such as sub-Saharan French or Levantine Arabic.
- Refresher and sustainment courses
- Technical vocabulary enhancement
- DLPT and OPI preparation
- Mission-specific pre-deployment language and culture immersion
- Culex final assessment language and culture immersion